Voted the best city to live in, again and again, Barcelona is one of those few places that offer the perfect balance between nature, culture and nightlife.
A city that has something for everyone – it accommodates a wide range of tastes and preferences, catering to different kinds of travelers. The Catalan capital brings out the adventurer in you. With its rugged coastline, idyllic hillside villas, winding alleyways and Gothic-style structures.
The city has a strong Catalan heritage, but it’s also common to find people who speak other languages like Spanish, Catalan, English and French.
Barcelona has always attracted visitors for its romantic atmosphere. The comfortable Mediterranean climate, the good food and wine. It’s hard not to fall in love with this place.
There’s so much you can do in this city. From exploring hidden gardens to taking a stroll down the famous Rambla. If you are planning a trip to Spain or just have an interest in its culture and history. Here are some great reasons why you need to visit Barcelona ASAP…
If you are visiting Barcelona and are a foodie, this is the city for you. The city is famous for its Catalonian cuisine, and a visit to Barcelona without trying the food would be a crime. Let’s take a look at some of the dishes travelers should be sure to try when visiting the city:
- Paella – This rice-based dish is a must-try when visiting Barcelona. The country’s best paella is said to come from the city’s La Barceloneta neighborhood.
- Gazpacho – Another popular Spanish dish that can be found all over Barcelona.
- Jamón – Ham is a staple in most dishes, but Spain is most famous for its dry-cured ham. This is a must-try when visiting Barcelona.
- Tortilla – A simple dish that is often overlooked, but you should try it if you visit Barcelona.
- Tapas – A typical Spanish dish that you can find all over the city.
Nightlife That Doesn’t Stop
Barcelona is famous for its nightlife, and with good reason. With spots like Carrer del Carme, Barrio Gotico, and Raval you are sure to find a place to party till the early hours of the morning.
There is something to please any taste when it comes to Barcelona’s nightlife. So if you are looking for something more low-key, you can visit places like the Carrer De Montsio Cafe, or if you are looking for a little mischief, there are plenty of clubs to visit, like the Barcelona Hard Rock Cafe.
If you are into sports, you can visit a rugby or football match. And if you are looking for something more artistic, you can visit the Gran Teatre del Liceu or the Palau de la Musica Catalana. No matter what you are looking for, Barcelona has it all when it comes to nightlife.
Places To Visit In Barcelona That You Must Not Miss
We all know that Barcelona is a beautiful city, but not everyone is aware of what you can do in Barcelona. Here are some places that you must not miss when visiting the city, which might not feature in the general Barcelona travel guides.
1) Park Güell: Designed by Antoni Gaudí, this park is an architectural and landscape masterpiece. It has plenty of beautiful gardens and public spaces to enjoy. Its best feature is the view of the city and the sea from its terraces.
2) Casa Batlló: This is one of Gaudí’s most famous buildings in Barcelona. The facade helps to create a sense of movement and drama with its undulating curves and undecorated walls, juxtaposing with Art Nouveau-style windows and balconies, which have been a scene for mnay popular movies.
3) El Sagrada Familia Church: A Roman Catholic basilica in Barcelona, Spain. Construction of the church began in 1882 and it has been under construction for over 150 years. Antoni Gaudí had a strong influence on the design and architecture of this building, as it is one of his most famous works.
4) The Catalan Art Museum: The Barcelona Museum of Contemporary Art, known as MACBA by locals, was designed by Lluís Domènech i Montaner and inaugurated in 1995. The museum’s location is in the Raval district of Barcelona which has long been known for its roughness and economic desolation.
5) Montjuïc Castle: The Montjuïc Castle is a fortification built in the 11th century to defend Barcelona. It’s located on the Montjuïc mountain which overlooks the city. It has history of a prison, military base, and now an exhibition centre.
Where Is Best To Stay In Barcelona?
The Gothic Quarters is a great location to stay when in Barcelona. This part of the city has much history and is rich in culture. If you want to be close to all of the action, you can find some good deals on hotels here.
If you are looking for cheaper accommodations or want to be more near to nature, then you should stay in El Raval. This part of the city is located right next to the Eixample area. Which has many more historical sites than other parts of town. Plus, if you are feeling adventurous, there is plenty of street art around this area, and it’s a great place to stay should you visit Barcelona.
So there you have it – some great reasons why you need to visit Barcelona. Whether you are a culture buff or you are more into the nightlife, this city has something for you.
The Catalan capital is a beautiful city with rugged coastline, idyllic hillside villas, winding alleyways and Gothic-style structures. If you are looking for a getaway that has something for everyone, then Barcelona is a great choice. Visit this beautiful city and you won’t regret it.