Light is essential to our everyday lives. It helps us see, read, work and relax. In fact, many people spend a lot of time in their homes. So it’s important to make it a space that feels safe and comfortable.
A home filled with natural light is an easy way to give your house a cozy feel. While also reducing your energy costs and carbon footprint. Installing smart bulbs in your home can help you achieve all of these things while also saving you money over the long haul.
In this blog post, we discuss the benefits of using smart bulbs in your home and how they can save you money on energy bills. We also cover some of the best ways to use them in different areas of your house. As well as tips for buying them affordably in order to achieve the best possible ROI.
Why Should You Use Smart Bulbs In Your Home?
First, let’s talk about what makes a bulb “smart.” Basically, they’re similar to traditional bulbs in that they provide light. But they also connect to your home’s Wi-Fi network and can be controlled remotely.
This means you can control their brightness and on/off settings. As well as the color of their light, right from your smartphone app. Smart bulbs can be used in almost any room in your house.
They’re great in bedrooms and living rooms, of course. But they’re also a great choice for kitchens and even outdoor spaces (such as patios and walkways).
These kinds of bulbs can also be controlled using voice commands. Like “Alexa, turn the kitchen lights on,” if you have an Amazon Echo device or other similar products in your home.
Why You Should Consider Switching to Smart Bulbs Today
If you’re not convinced yet about the benefits of using smart bulbs. Here are some reasons why you should consider making the switch.
- Natural light: A home filled with natural light is an easy way to give your house a cozy feel. While also reducing your energy costs and carbon footprint. Using smart bulbs instead of traditional bulbs is an easy way to achieve this.
- Savings: Installing smart bulbs in your home can help you achieve all of these things. While also saving you money over the long haul. They’re a great investment that will pay for itself quickly in energy savings alone.
- Better sleep: According to a new study by the Lighting Research Center at Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, people who slept in rooms that had no special lighting or curtains reported a 62% drop in sleep quality than those who slept in rooms with special lighting and curtains.
- Better mood: A study from the Journal of Clinical Psychiatry suggests that people who work in spaces with lots of natural light report fewer mood disorders, lower stress levels, and higher overall satisfaction with their jobs.
In today’s world, there are many problems that we’re currently facing. One of the most important is climate change. We require being much more mindful regarding just how we can reduce our usage of power. As well as one simple means to do this is by changing out our light bulbs for smart bulbs.
Smart light bulbs are the future of energy efficiency. They can be controlled using your smart device, tablet or laptop computer. Allowing you to select timers and control the brightness of the lights. The best part is that they use less power than typical lightbulbs, saving you cash on your electric costs without sacrificing high quality.
Financial Benefits Of Smart Bulbs
Using smart bulbs will not only help you achieve a better mood in your home, but it will also help you save money on your energy bills;
- Reduced use: Using smart bulbs instead of traditional bulbs will help you reduce the amount of time you keep lights on. This is especially true in areas where people tend to leave lights on longer than necessary, like studies or kitchens.
- Longer lifespan: Traditional bulbs will have to be replaced several times over their lifespans, while smart bulbs can last 10 times longer. This means that while a traditional light bulb may cost you $1 each to replace, a smart bulb will only cost you around $10.
- No need to replace often: Smart bulbs will pay for themselves quickly in energy savings alone, and will need to be replaced less often, compared to standard bulbs.
What Are The Environmental Benefits Of Using Smart Bulbs?
Using smart bulbs will also help you to protect the environment, as well. Here are some ways you can make a difference for the planet (and your wallet) with this simple switch.
- Shorten recycling time: Traditional bulbs will have to be recycled, and this can take a significant amount of time. In fact, it can take up to one year for a single bulb to decompose. Smart bulbs, on the other hand, will not have to be recycled.
- Reduced landfill waste: Traditional bulbs must be disposed of at the end of their lifespans, and this can mean a trip to the landfill. In fact, the average home has about 30 traditional bulbs, which will equal around 30 trips to the dump. Smart bulbs, on the other hand, can be thrown away with household trash.
- Reduced water usage: Traditional bulbs use a significant amount of water in their production. It takes an average of 2,900 gallons of water to produce one traditional light bulb, while the same amount of water used to produce just one smart bulb could produce 100 traditional bulbs.
When it comes to your home, the simplest things can make a big difference. Installing smart bulbs is one of those things. They’re easy to install and can save you money on energy bills over the long haul.
They’re also great for the environment since they’re recyclable and use less water than traditional bulbs. In addition to all of these benefits, smart bulbs also help you sleep better and relax more thanks to their natural light. They’re an essential part of any smart home, and they’re a great investment that will pay for itself quickly.